Sunday 9 March 2014

Yani Arebena and Guille Vizzari


Yani Arebena and Guille Vizzari are a team of Argentinian type designers who do lovely treatments of their typefaces.


I love this typographical design because I have recently become interested in calligraphy.  I think this typeface works well with subject of marriage as calligraphy is one of the most romantic typefaces there is.  

The pastel colours of pink and blue symbolise the joining of of marriage and also the shared relationship of a man and woman.  The white of 'the' and '27/04/2013" works well as contrasting figure between the two main words 'save' and 'date'.  However, the background is strange as not many wedding invites would have a dark background, although is does work well as a contrasting element.  I think that a cream background would have worked well if they changed the colour of the white lettering to a darker colour.  The calligraphy used here is very simple, pretty and delicate, like a wedding should be.  In all, I feel the whole design is beautiful and it would encourage me to 'save the date' and be a part of whatever occasion I had been invited to.




No comments:

Post a Comment