Sunday 9 March 2014

Jessica Hische


Jessica Hische;

"Bing put together a really fun campaign this year that I was pumped to be a part of—each day they had a letterer create a search term, something you would do in the summer. For a week, my lettering was posted one day at a time, but it was really fun to see what some of the other letterers did for the project!"

I enjoy how Jessica is able to transform and image by layering different typefaces across the front of them.  For instance, this picture of a coffee cup could mean anything; a coffee date, 9am coffee before work or coffee on a sunday.  She has transformed this image into a dreamy haze as the image is left slightly out of focus with the romantic typeface becoming centre stage.  The typeface itself seems very solid but with a romantic flick here and there.  The thing that really sets it off are the swirls and lines all around the writing, I feel give the impression of relaxation and love.  I like that she has used white for the writing against the slightly darker background to give that fresh, crisp morning feeling, even if breakfast in bed is about being lazy.



This image is interesting as the typeface selected reminds me of the 60's and summer time.  The flowing nature of the type is reminiscent of waves and the seaside, like I can almost taste the salt in the air and feel the sun on my skin.  Again, Jessica has used white for the writing as it reflects freshness and freedom, the most important aspect of a road trip.  People who go 'road tripping' are more than likely young adults so I would say that white is an attractive colour to them as it also symbolises youth.  Other than that, the white contrast really well with the red and brown bags and also the clear blue sky.  The image combined with the type makes me want to take a trip to the beach and eat ice cream.  It is very idyllic.  I think Jessica has been successful in creating that holiday feel for her brief and the images she creates are very persuasive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment